A conversion goal is an action which a user is expected to perform on your website, such as completing a purchase or adding items of a specific value to their shopping cart.
Goals are defined in the ExpertSender panel. To create a new goal, follow these steps:
- Select Settings > Conversion Goals from the left-hand navigation.
- You will see the current list of your active and inactive goals. Click Create a new goal.
- Enter the name of the goal and click Save changes.
- Alternatively, you may also use an API method to mark a conversion goal as fulfilled, instead of adding a script to your website.
After setting a goal, it may be used in the following ways:
Segmentation according to the conditions needed to achieve the goal, the values of the achieved goal, the completion of the target action within the specified period, etc.
- Setting up a trigger message to be sent when the goal is achieved (for instance, after the number of items in the shopping cart reaches a specified limit, or when the subscriber visits a given website).
- Goal reports are a useful tool which let you track how many subscribers achieved your goals with their respective values. For instance, a report may help you estimate the revenue earned from a specific newsletter and many other parameters.